Week 7 Case Study: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Assignment: Week 7 Case Study: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Weekly Concepts
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Adam and his family decided to take a trip to the mountains for the weekend in late February. They had a small cabin and looked forward to a weekend away from the big city. The family had a wonderful time together on Saturday morning hiking in the woods and enjoying nature. However, Saturday afternoon a storm rolled in bringing snow and subfreezing temperatures.
Since the heater in the cabin wasn’t working well, Adam’s mother and sister decided to drive into the nearest town to spend the night. Adam and his father, not being sissies, stayed at the cabin where they started a gas heater to keep them warm.
The next morning Adam’s mother and sister returned to find both Adam and his father unconscious. An ambulance was called and they were both transported to the nearest hospital. Adam had arterial blood gases drawn with the following results:
- pH 7.2
- PaCO2 31.4,
- PaO2 40.7 mmHg
His oxygen saturation was 72%. Adam was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Answer the following questions and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource to support your answers.
- With respect to hemoglobin loading, please explain the relationship between binding of oxygen (O2) and carbon monoxide (CO) to the hemoglobin molecules.
- During the ambulance ride, a pulse oximeter showed 100% O2 saturation. Why is that different from the 72% measured at the hospital?
- One course of treatment is a hyperbaric oxygen treatment. How does a hyperbaric chamber work?
- Adams blood work shows him to be in an acidosis (normal blood pH is 7.35-7.45). Explain how this will shift the hemoglobin dissociation curve and why.
Submit your case study document.
Microsoft Office: Word
Our swift nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients on Carbon Dioxide Poisoning essays
Order nursing papers crafted by our swift nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.