The Holistic Patient Assessment
Title: The Holistic Patient Assessment
Part 1: Choose an adult (over the age of 18) friend or relative and perform a holistic health assessment. Clearly document your holistic health assessment data
Your assessment should include the following parts:
- Health History
- Physiological Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Social Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
Part 2: Interpret the findings in your holistic health assessment data according to pathophysiologic disease states.
- Choose one physiologic abnormality and discuss possible pathophysiologic reasons for the abnormality.
- Look at the abnormality on a holistic basis.
- How does this abnormality impact the other areas of the patient’s life, especially those areas discussed in this course?
- Discuss the client’s stress and coping mechanisms.
- Are they healthy?
- What improvements could be made?
Part 3: Create a teaching plan that addresses the client holistically by applying the assessment data you have analyzed.
- Describe at least one client goal for each of the categories (physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual).
- How will you teach the client about the goal?
- How will you evaluate your teaching?
Part 4: Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for your patient teaching.
- You should have at least six slides (one for each type of goal – physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual), in addition to the title slide, objective slide, and references slide.
- Please be sure to have at least one scholarly source in the PPT.
- Length: Essay of 1500 words; PP of 12 content slides (and include a title, objective, and reference slides – these do not count towards the required content slides)
- Structure: PP as noted above. Essay: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for the essay part of the assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
- References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three scholarly sources plus the textbook are required.
What is the Holistic Patient Assessment?
The following are some of the key elements of a holistic patient assessment:
- Physical assessment: This includes a thorough evaluation of the patient’s physical health, including their vital signs, physical exam, and any medical tests or lab results.
- Psychological assessment: This involves assessing the patient’s mental health status, including any history of mental health conditions, current symptoms, and any potential barriers to accessing mental health care.
- Social assessment: This involves evaluating the patient’s social support network, living situation, employment status, and any other social factors that may impact their health and well-being.
- Cultural assessment: This involves assessing the patient’s cultural background, beliefs, and values, and how these may impact their health care needs.
- Spiritual assessment: This involves assessing the patient’s spiritual beliefs and practices, and how these may impact their health and well-being.
- Functional assessment: This involves evaluating the patient’s ability to perform daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, and eating, and any limitations or challenges they may face.
By taking a holistic approach to patient assessment, healthcare providers can develop a comprehensive understanding of the patient’s unique situation and create a care plan that addresses all aspects of their health and wellbeing. This can lead to improved health outcomes, increased patient satisfaction, and a more patient-centered approach to care.
Need assistance on The Holistic Patient Assessment? Our swift nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
Order nursing papers crafted by our swift nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.