Relapse Of Leukemia
A 14 Year Old Boy Is Hospitalized For Relapse Of Leukemia After A Failed Bone Marrow Transplant.
A 14 year old boy is hospitalized for relapse of leukemia after a failed bone marrow transplant. The family has been told his condition is terminal, there is nothing more to be done except keep him comfortable.
His mother is distant, uncommunicative and rarely visits. When she does, she doesn’t touch Robbie or speak to him. She sits in a recliner by the window reading novels and requesting cokes multiple times per visit.
The interdisciplinary team calls a family meeting, but the mother is conspicuously absent. Robbie’s father is frantic, demanding further treatments, regardless of low likelihood of efficacy. During the family meeting, he directs the team NOT to tell Robbie he might die, as he would lose hope. He states: “In our culture, we keep this news from patients to avoid upsetting them.”
You are the nurse. When you are alone caring for Robbie, he asks you “Am I dying?”
1. How should you respond?
2. What are three options you could select?
3. How does the Code of Ethics guide you in the virtue of truth-telling?
4. Who is the authorized decision-maker in this case?
5. What other considerations play a part in your response?
6. What insights did you gain about a nurse’s role in end of life care where family dynamics are touchy?
7. How does a nurse deal with conflicting opinions about a course of treatment?
8. To whom is the nurse most accountable: the patient, the patient’s family, or the physician?
9. How does a nurse balance these conflicting loyalties?
10. How does the Code of Ethics guide you in the spur of the moment when a response is expected momentarily? What ideas did this assignment prompt in your thinking?
Our swift nursing essay writers are well experienced inj writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients on Relapse of Leukemia essays
Order nursing papers crafted by our swift nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.