Holistic Assessment of the Older Adult
Holistic Assessment of the Older Adult Assignment
Part 1: Assessment: Choose an adult (65 years or older) friend or relative and perform a holistic health assessment. Clearly discuss your discovered holistic health assessment data. Your assessment should include the following parts for the holistic assessment:
- General Health History
- Physiological Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Social Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
Part 2: Interpretation (Abnormality and Coping)
- Choose one abnormality from the data gained in the assessments and discuss possible reasons/causes for the abnormality.
- How does this abnormality impact the other areas of the patient’s life?
- Discuss the client’s stress and coping mechanisms.
- Are they healthy?
- What recommendations and improvements could be made that are individualized for this person?
Part 3: Teaching Plan: Create a teaching plan that addresses the client holistically by applying the assessment data you have analyzed.
- Describe at least one client goal for each of the six categories (each category should have a goal) (physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual).
- Discuss one strategy per goal you would use to teach your client about each individual goal
- Explain how you will evaluate if your teaching was effective
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objective Slide (1 slide)
- General Health History (1slide)
- Physical (1 slide)
- Psychological (1 slide)
- Social (1 slide)
- Cultural (1 slide)
- Developmental (1 slide)
- Spiritual (1 slide)
- Interpretation (Abnormality and Coping)
- Abnormality, Reasons/Causes, Impact on Life (1 slide)
- Stress, Coping, Recommendations (1 slide)
- Teaching Plan
- Physical Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Psychological Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Social Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Cultural Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Developmental Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Spiritual Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Evaluation Plan (1 slide)
- References (1 slide)
Length: PPT of 19-21 slides; Recording 13-15 min
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, and reference slide in APA format. Recording is of PPT slides, with voice only.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-slide citations and references for all resources. A minimum of four (4) scholarly sources are required.