Evolving Practice Of Nursing And Patient Care Delivery Models
Evolving Practice Of Nursing And Patient Care Delivery Models Discussion
Write an informal presentation (500-700 words) to educate nurses about how the practice of nursing is expected to grow and change. Include the concepts of continuity or continuum of care, accountable care organizations (ACO), medical homes, and nurse-managed health clinics.
Share your presentation with nurse colleagues on your unit or department and ask them to offer their impressions of the anticipated changes to health care delivery and the new role of nurses in hospital settings, communities, clinics, and medical homes.
In 800-1,000 words summarize the feedback shared by three nurse colleagues and discuss whether their impressions are consistent with what you have researched about health reform.
APA FORMAT PLEASE
PLEASE INCLUDE CITATIONS AND REFERENCES.
The practice of nursing and patient care delivery models have evolved over time to meet the changing needs of patients and healthcare systems. Here are some key ways in which nursing practice and patient care delivery models have evolved:
- From task-oriented to patient-centered care: Historically, nursing was a task-oriented profession, with nurses primarily responsible for carrying out physicians’ orders. However, over time, nursing has evolved to become more patient-centered, focusing on the individual needs and preferences of patients rather than just completing tasks.
- Interprofessional collaboration: In recent years, healthcare delivery models have increasingly emphasized the importance of interprofessional collaboration, with nurses working alongside other healthcare professionals to provide coordinated, high-quality care. This approach recognizes the importance of each team member’s unique skills and expertise and aims to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- Technological advancements: The use of technology in nursing practice has advanced significantly in recent years. Electronic health records (EHRs), telemedicine, and mobile health apps are just a few examples of how technology has transformed the way nurses deliver care.
- Focus on preventive care: Nursing practice has shifted to focus more on preventive care, rather than just managing acute illnesses. Nurses now play a vital role in educating patients on healthy lifestyle choices and promoting disease prevention.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice: Evidence-based practice (EBP) is an approach to healthcare delivery that uses the best available research evidence to inform clinical decision-making. Nursing practice has increasingly embraced EBP, with nurses using research to guide their clinical practice and improve patient outcomes.
Overall, the practice of nursing and patient care delivery models have evolved to become more patient-centered, collaborative, and evidence-based. These changes reflect a growing emphasis on providing high-quality, coordinated care that meets the complex needs of patients in today’s healthcare environment.
Our swift nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients on Evolving Practice Of Nursing And Patient Care Delivery Models essays
Order nursing papers crafted by our swift nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.