Differentiate Between Medical and Nursing Practice Problem
Although nursing practice problems and medical practice problems are related in that they are used for medicine, there are differences between the two. A nursing practice problem is an issue encountered during nursing practice, such as during a patient assessment, related to the patient’s response to a health problem they are experiencing. There are numerous considerations to the nursing practice problems (Fuller, 1982). This ranges from the patient’s signs and symptoms to an illness to their difficulties in completing the activities of daily living due to a fractured extremity. This is due to nursing care involves the entire individual, family or community. Fuller, (1982) states that nursing practice problems, “…deal with modalities of patient care such as support, comfort, prevention of trauma, promotion of recovery, health screening, appraisal and/or assessment, health education, and coordination of health care.”
A medical practice problem is concerned with a medical condition or disease. It identifies a condition, searches for causes, establishes a prognosis, and prescribes a treatment for the condition (Chiffi & Zanotti, 2015).
Chiffi and Zanotti (2015) state, “In conclusion, medical and nursing diagnoses have different goals: a medical diagnosis identifies a variation from a norm, while a nursing diagnosis should judge the existence of a potential for enhancing self-care.”
Consider a patient with a fractured wrist. The physician will set the fracture and prescribe pain medication. These are examples of medical practice problems. The nurse will review the aftercare and medication instructions with the patient. The nurse will also review care of the splint and possibly arrange a visiting RN to help with activities of daily living.
The PICOT question is the first step in establishing or improving evidence-based practice with the goal of solving problems with patients. “Nurses use EBP to provide patients with safe, quality care and to improve outcomes” (Helbig, 2018). The PICOT is based on a nursing practice problem because it is designed to improve patient care. An example of using PICOT for evidence-based practice would be studying the frequency of oral care with the goal of reducing the incidence of ventilator associated pneumonias. It is not designed for disease research.
Using 200-300 words APA format with references to support discussion Differentiate Between Nursing Practice Problem And Medical Practice Problem
Our swift nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients on The Difference Between A Nursing Practice Problem And A Medical Practice Problem essays
Order nursing papers crafted by our swift nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.