Discuss what resources are often necessary for non-acute care for cardio-respiratory issues. Explain how they support patient independence and decrease readmission.
What are Cardio-respiratory Diseases?
Cardiorespiratory issues refer to health problems or conditions that affect the heart and lungs. These two organs work together to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues and remove carbon dioxide and other waste products. Here are some examples of cardiorespiratory issues:
- Cardiovascular Disease: Cardiovascular disease refers to a range of conditions that affect the heart and blood vessels, including coronary artery disease, heart failure, and arrhythmias. These conditions can cause chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, and other symptoms.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): COPD is a chronic lung disease that makes it difficult to breathe. It includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema, and it is often caused by smoking or exposure to air pollution. COPD can cause coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
- Asthma: Asthma is a chronic lung disease that causes inflammation and narrowing of the airways, making it difficult to breathe. It can be triggered by allergens, exercise, cold air, and other factors.
- Pulmonary Embolism: Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that travels to the lungs and blocks blood flow. It can cause chest pain, shortness of breath, and other symptoms.
- Heart Attack: A heart attack occurs when the blood flow to the heart is blocked, causing damage to the heart muscle. It can cause chest pain, shortness of breath, and other symptoms.
- Stroke: A stroke occurs when the blood flow to the brain is interrupted, causing damage to brain cells. It can cause weakness, numbness, or paralysis on one side of the body, difficulty speaking, and other symptoms.
- Hypertension: Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a condition in which the force of blood against the walls of the arteries is too high. It can lead to cardiovascular disease and other health problems.
Need assistance on Our swift nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients on Nurse Barriers essays
Order nursing papers crafted by our swift nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.